Airlines and suppliers explore the challenges of standardisation and differentiation, including:
• How do marketing people categorise and differentiate customers?
• How does this segmentation of the market drive differentiation in the cabin?
• When is differentiation meaningful to passengers?
• And how far can you differentiate before you get a diminishing return?
• What differentiation opportunities are available to alliances that standardise the economy offer?
• Are new aircraft types with carefully defined catalogues and a limited number of approved vendors creating congestion in the supply chain?
• What is the impact of this congestion on innovation, price and after-care?